2000 INFINITI I30 WATER AND OIL IN MY RADIATOR AND CAR RUNS

• youngdon
  • 2000 Infiniti I30

2000 Infiniti I30 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 270000 miles

i just took my 2000 infiniti i30 out the shop from getting a water pump installed and when I got it it was running fine and when I checked the radiator pressure when it ran hot I found water and oil floating around in my radiator and then I detached all the hoses and flushed the radiator and when I put coolant and everything back on it still pumped water and oil so can please tell me the problem?

Sunday, August 1st, 2010 AT 1:32 AM

• mhpautos

Hi there,

Is the oil scum dark or a light pink colour?

Sunday, August 1st, 2010 AT 5:57 AM
  • youngdon

Its like a light thick oil, water, radiator fluid look and not to mention that when I drove my car today it caught on fire but I was able to put it out before it got any worse but the funny thing was the temperature gauge wasn't even on hot it was normal

Monday, August 2nd, 2010 AT 1:26 AM
  • mhpautos

The usual concern here is a head or head gasket problem, often oil in the water can be a cracked head if there are no other symptoms, if the oil scum is a pink colour check that the transmission cooler is not leaking into the radiator.

Monday, August 2nd, 2010 AT 2:22 AM