HISSING SOUND

1999 Infiniti I30

burrchris

September, 6, 2009 AT 11:05 PM

Noises problem
1999 Infiniti I30 Automatic 125, 00 miles

I just got my car back from the body shop and, after I turn it off, I hear a hissing sound coming from a valve that's just to the right of the power steering fluid reservoir. The valve is like that on a bicycle tire and is on a pipe that runs from the front to the rear of the engine compartment under the hood. If I put my finger over the end of the valve, I feel pressure and the noise stops. Is this a problem? I never remember hearing the noise before.

The car was having body work done because of an accident and part of the repair was replacing the AC compressor, if that means anything. The damage was all cosmetic, the guy said.

September, 7, 2009 AT 2:23 AM

Sounds like you're talking about the low and high side test ports-does it look like this:

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/12900_ac_service_fittings_18.jpg

burrchris

September, 7, 2009 AT 9:40 PM

Yes it does.

Brake Shoe/Drum Replacement - Rear
Brake Light Bulb Replacement Chevrolet
Parking Brake Shoe Replacement Chevy Tahoe
Brake Light Bulb Replacement Mercedes Benz