1999 INFINITI I30

• doobbiee
  • 1999 Infiniti I30

Shakes or Wobbles problem
1999 Infiniti I30 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 154000 miles

hello, I have had this car inspected many times my car vibrates/shakes only on the freeway over 60mph the steering is tight. Replaced a wheel baring new tires. Drivers side the strut is missing the boot and passenger front I feel more of the vibration and was told the cv joint was bad. Is this the cause of the vibration? I cant get a definte answer what is causing it other than the agreement its not in the steering from everyone who has looked at it.I would just like to get it to stop. Thank you

Saturday, August 16th, 2008 AT 10:53 PM

• mhpautos

Hi there,

first question, is the vibration in the steering wheel or just a general body vibration>

Sunday, August 17th, 2008 AT 2:50 AM
  • doobbiee

It sometimes vibrates thru the steering wheel, but all the mechanics that have inspected it say everything is tight and how it should be.I feel the vibration more when I am a passenger in the front right side. The front right seat also vibrates when its being driven ty.

Sunday, August 17th, 2008 AT 9:03 PM
  • mhpautos

Hi there,

if you are getting a vibration in the steering wheel, it will be a problem in the front wheels, steering or suspension, I feel that the mechanics are missing something, get the drive shafts & bearings check as well just to be sure.

Sunday, August 17th, 2008 AT 9:25 PM