PROBLEMS WITH TURNING CAR ON

1996 Infiniti I30

PAT KIM

July, 3, 2008 AT 11:29 PM

Smells problem
1996 Infiniti I30 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 200000 miles

WHEN I TRY TO TURN ON MY CAR I HAVE TO MOVE THE STIRING WHEEL TO MY RIGHT IM LUCKY IF IT TURNS ON. WHEN IT DOES TURN ON I COULD SMELL GAS AND ANOTHER WEIRD CHEMICAL SMELL.
AS I DRIVE AND I COME TO A COMPLETE STOP THE CAR MAKES A LITTLE JUMPS AND IT MAKES A SOUND OF AIR (THE NOISE IS NOT LOUD ) THIS 2 THINGS HAPPEN AT THE SAME TIME. AND WHEN I BREAKE I FEEL THE PEDLE VIBRATE AND A CRACKING FEELING.

July, 12, 2008 AT 9:39 AM

Hi PAT,

You mean you need to turn the steering wheel for the key to turn or for the switch to come into contact to crank the engine?

Gas smell could be due to leaking fuel hoses, I would recommend checking it out asap.

Does the little jump and air noise coincide with the rpm meter needle moving up and down?

Braking noise appears at what vehicle speed?
If high speed, the rotors could have lateral run out so needs to be refaced or replaced. Check wheel bearings first.

Brake Pad and Rotor Replacement
Engine Oil Change and Filter Saturn LS1
Oil Change & Filter Replacement Toyota Tacoma
 Oil Change & Filter Ford Explorer 2000-2005
Engine Oil Change and Filter Chevy Silverado