2003 Infiniti G35 climate controls radio do not work

G35PROBLEM
  • 2003 INFINITI G35
2003 Infiniti G35 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic

I have a 2003 infiniti g35 sedan that has had a problem for several months and has gotten much worse. It began with draining the battery overnight, which I replaced, but it continued to drain it. Next, the climate controls and radio would become "stuck" on a certain setting intermittently. Now, the radio / cd player does not work at all and the climate controls cannot be changed. I understand there was a voluntary service bulletin for certain VIN#s and mine does not fall within that list. However, I have learned this problem affects 2004 and 2005 infinitis without regard to model. The car has a nav system, but it works fine and is not part of the problem, which occurs regardless as to whether the car has a nav system. Are you aware of this problem and can I fix it myself? Are their any manuals that would show me how to take the console apart to fix it.
Saturday, June 28th, 2008 AT 8:34 AM

BYTHABAY
From the sound of it, I think you need to replace your AC controller, which shares circuitry with the head unit. Check www. Infiniticare. Com for a video on how to take apart the center console to remove the AC controller.
Wednesday, July 16th, 2008 AT 5:50 PM
VACHRISTPHER
I have just experienced the same problem beginning about 2 weeks ago. It started intermittently, and then this weekend it became permantent. My fan system is stuck on "Auto A/C 60 degrees" (at least it's summer here in Wisconsin and not winter) and the radio screen is blank. None of the buttons work, however, I can control the radio from the steering wheel. At first I thought is was a loose connection somewhere, now I think it is something a little more serious. I am taking mine in for an oil change next week and it would be helpful to know if you have any knowledge on this issue.
Monday, August 4th, 2008 AT 6:05 PM