2002 INFINITI G20 STARTING PROBLEM - AS IF CAR OR ENGINE MI

• Sray145017
  • 2002 INFINITI G20

Shakes or Wobbles problem
2002 Infiniti G20 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 123000 miles

2002 infiniti g20
miles: more than 120K
Problem:
I went to grocery yesterday evening around 20 miles from where I stay. Faced this problem on my way back. As sson as I tried to star the car, I need to hold the key for a longer duration. Giving that sound as if the car is trying to start but just somehow couldn't. Once started, in idle mode, the rpm stays below 1, and the rpm indicator is shaking giving an impression that engine will stop any moment. Merely out of the fear, I keep holding the gas paddle so that the rpm stays above 2 even though the car or trasmission is still in idle mode. I did that for a while then I started driving the car. Every RED signal where I need to stop completely for a while, even though the car or transmission is now in Drive mode, the rpm indicator, the engine rather the whole car seems to be vibrating/shaking abnormally. However today morning when I start the car I don't face the problem and it drives smooth. As if the problem never occurred. This is the second time I faced this. It happnes in the evening and then goes away on its own next day morning. Please suggest if anyone have any clue.

Monday, August 23rd, 2010 AT 3:35 PM

• Spurgears

Replace your EGR valve

Monday, September 24th, 2012 AT 8:17 PM