2000 Infiniti G20 IAC MOTOR

MCMEDIN
  • 2000 INFINITI G20
Computer problem
2000 Infiniti G20 4 cyl Automatic 190 miles

I HAVE A G2O 2000 INFINITI, AND I'VE BEEN HAVING SOME PROBLEMS WITH IT LATELY. I HAVE TROUBLE STARTING IT UP EVERY MORNING, IF I JUST TURN IT ON IT GOES OFF. SO I HAVE TO ACCELERATE IN FOR ABOUT 2 MINUTES. THEN IT STARTS RUNNING FINE. BUT THEN I CAN BE PRESSING ON THE BRAKE ANYWHERE AND IT SOMETIMES BEGINS TO STALL. THEN AT TIMES IT COMPLETLY TURNS OFF ON ME I GOT THE ALTERNATOR REPLACED AN THAT HASN'T HELPED. I'VE BEEN TOLD THAT IT MIGHT EITHER BE THE SENSOR OR THE IAC MOTOR? PLZ HELP
Wednesday, October 20th, 2010 AT 6:28 PM

KLDISLAND@YAHOO.COM
I was having the same problem w/ my 2000 G20t, plus my gas peddle was slightly sticking every now & then. I thought it was my alternator or battery at first because my check engine light had not came on, but after disconnecting the battery & the car was still running, we ruled that out. We tested the battery & it was still good. The check engine light came on after we reconnected the battery, so I got AutoZone to read the code and "Idle Air Control Valve/P0505" popped up. I replaced the iac valve and it runs fine. About a week after replaceing it, the Check Engine light came on again. I took it back to the same shop that installed the new valve & he cleaned the throttle body. The car still runs fine & the gas peddle has stopped sticking, and he turned off the light. A couple days later, my check engine light came on again. I got AutoZone to read the codes & I got 2 different codes, P505 (dealing w/ idle air control) again and P0171 (dealing w/ fuel injection system). The Autozone rep said it could be bad gas, so I bout some fuel system cleaner & added it to my gas tank. I will be going back to the shop hopefully today so see what they say about the other code. I was told it could be a falty connector w/ the iac valve. This is fustrating!
Monday, April 18th, 2011 AT 4:19 PM