Immobilizer bypass

GLORIA ANN RODEN
  • 2004 ISUZU RODEO
Need to Bypass Immobilizer? Light flashes
Monday, April 29th, 2019 AT 11:42 PM

KASEKENNY1
Hi Gloria,

Unfortunately, these systems are designed purposefully to avoid being bypassed so that the car cannot be stolen.

I attached a copy of how it works and as you can see, your key needs to send a coded message to the ICU which sends it to the ECM and they all agree that the key is a good key. Once this happens, the ECM sends all the needed messages to start the vehicle. Without this coded message, there is not way to bypass it.

Sorry. Let me know if you have further questions or if I can help figure out what the issue is. If you want me to, then we need to retrieve the codes in the system. That will tell us if there is an issue with the key or one of the modules.
Tuesday, April 30th, 2019 AT 5:29 PM
GLORIA ANN RODEN
  • 2004 ISUZU RODEO
Need to bypass immobilizer? Light flashes.
-1
Wednesday, May 1st, 2019 AT 7:33 PM (Merged)
SCWICKEDSTANG

I have included for you in the diagrams below the Isuzu Factory Technical Service Bulletin (TSB) for resetting the Immobilizer System. Please go through it and get back to us with what you decide to do.

Thanks,
Alex
2CarPros