Here are the directions for replacing the ignition control module. Also, please explain what you mean by it isn't over far enough.
2004 GMC Truck Safari Van 2WD V6-4.3L VIN X
Vehicle Powertrain Management Relays and Modules - Powertrain Management Relays and Modules - Ignition System Ignition Control Module Service and Repair Procedures
IGNITION CONTROL MODULE REPLACEMENT
1. Remove the engine cover.
2. Disconnect the electrical connector (3).
3. Remove the screws (4) holding the ignition control module (2) and the heat sink (1) to the bracket.
4. Remove the ignition control module and the heat sink.
NOTE: Refer to Fastener Notice in Service Precautions.
1. Install the ignition control module (2) and the heat sink (1) on the bracket with the screws (4).
Tighten the screws to 3.5 Nm (31 lb in.).
2. Reconnect the electrical connectors (3).
3. Install the engine cover.
Let me know if that helps.
Images (Click to enlarge)
Tuesday, June 2nd, 2020 AT 8:25 PM