JOLTING

2001 Hyundai Tiburon

lilkbt

August, 4, 2009 AT 6:40 AM

2001 Hyundai Tiburon 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 97000 miles

I had my upper Trans mount and both lower roll mounts replaced due to extremely deteriorated and cracking. My car would not go into reverse when this problem occurred. I had these repairs done 2/10/09. I also had all the cv boots replaced.

I notice about 1 week again when I put my car in drive it jolts and when it idles for a long time it jolts when it is put back into drive. The other gear work fine. The happens when the car is cold. But after it has ran for a while it usually acts okay.

Do you think I need a tune up I have not had one since Jan 2009?

If not what else could it be.

Engine Miss

Jacobandnickolas

August, 5, 2009 AT 11:06 PM

Were the motor mounts replaced at the same time? Also, has the transmission been serviced?

lilkbt

August, 6, 2009 AT 2:51 AM

I had my upper Trans mount and both lower roll mounts replaced due to extremely deteriorated and cracking in feb 2009

I according to the billing statment they check the transmission as well. I was told I was leaking transmission fluid back in feb 2009

Would a tune up have anything to do with the jolting when put into Drive.

Jacobandnickolas

August, 6, 2009 AT 8:21 AM

I doubt that a tune up would fix that type of problem, unless the engine was running really poorly and the RPM's were very high. Have you checked the trans fluid to make sure it's full?