CLUTCH

1999 Hyundai Tiburon

cnmom1

July, 10, 2009 AT 8:14 PM

1999 Hyundai Tiburon 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Manual 150k miles

My son just purchased this vehicle about two weeks ago. It has been running like a charm until earlier today. All of the sudden, it started acting like the clutch was out. It would barely move in first gear. I went to look at it with my son at his apartment. When I got in, I engaged the clutch and turn the key. The car wont even turn over. The battery is fine but now I dont know if it is a clutch problem that happened really quick or a computer problem. I would love to donate but I lost my job on 6/12 and we cant fix this car if it is an expensive job.

Clutch Problems

Clutch Help!

Jacobandnickolas

August, 5, 2009 AT 11:13 PM

It sounds like the safety switch may be bad. WIth a helper, make sure the car is secure (park brake) and have the helper turn the key to the start position while you check for voltage at the smaller wire at the starter.

As far as the clutch, make sure the clutch fluid is full in the resivour on the firewall.

Clutch/Flywheel/Rear Main Seal Replacement
Pulling an Auto Trans? Easy Instructions