2007 Hyundai Sonata Cold start noises

1DIAMOND
  • 2007 HYUNDAI SONATA
  • AWD
I have been hearing a noise from what seems to be the back left of the car every morning when I initially take off for the day. I was told that it could be brake rust, but the noise happens when I have my foot on the accelerator NOT the brakes. The noise sounds something like a groining rubber to rubber noise, not a typical squealing noise that brakes can make (have had those cars before). The noise vanishes after about 15-20 seconds. The noise seems to be in conjunction with the wheels spinning. As a matter of fact, when I brake, the noise also stops.
I've now taken the car in again to another dealership and was told there is nothing wrong that they can see.
Do I just have to learn to live with the noise every morning and assume indeed, nothing is wrong?
Wednesday, July 9th, 2008 AT 11:08 AM

KHLOW2008
Hi 1diamond,

The noise stops when brakes are applied, even when the car has not come to a complete stop?

If yes it should be something to do with the brakes.
Did the dealers do any cleaning or servicing of the brakes after you sent the car to them?

I would insist the dealers solve the problem, your car is rather new and should not have such a problem.
Wednesday, July 9th, 2008 AT 11:29 AM