REPAIR QUESTION

• jose.l.wong
  • Hyundai

I own a Hyundai accent gs 2001 with a 103thousand miles in it is a 4 cylinder with an engine 1.5L.
My question is as follow. I was driving the vehicle from point A to point B and suddenly the vehicle stop speeding up so I pullover at that time and tow the vehicle back home but now I not even can start the vehicle. I scan the vehicle and the reading was 304, and 343. What can I do to fix the problems? I appreciate your help thank you.

Tuesday, February 27th, 2007 AT 2:31 PM

• Bruce Hunt

I think your camshaft position sensor has failed. I am going to email you a word doc with test instructions, etc.

Tuesday, February 27th, 2007 AT 3:56 PM
  • jose.l.wong

Can you please send a pictures of cmp sensor that way I can start doing the test becuase I have no manual to follow the procedures thank you.

Tuesday, February 27th, 2007 AT 9:49 PM
  • Bruce Hunt

I don't have a picture. It is located between the ignition coil and the valve cover. Public library sometimes carries repair manuals. Check that out.

Sensor is a coil that picks up signal for the camshaft by its reaction to the magnet in the camshaft.

Wednesday, February 28th, 2007 AT 11:33 AM