TRANSMISSION PROBLEM, CODES P0715 AND P1529

• joash3233
  • Hyundai

My vehicle has 94,000 miles on it. I can be diving along at various speeds and the automatic transmission slams into third gear. I can switch to manual and get it to go to second and third, but I automatic it will only go into third.

Autozone pulled codes P0715, sold me a shaft speed sensor which I replaced, but they didn' t know what a " Scair Solenoid circuit malfunction" was for code P1529.

Unfortunately replacing the speed sensor has not helped. I did think it was unusual that the old sensor had a plastic gear on a shaft that inserts into the sensor, but the new one did not come with it. I assumed that using the old gear/shaft in the new sensor was okay.

What can I do about this other code?

Monday, April 30th, 2007 AT 6:19 PM

• turbotuff20g

Okay, here is the problem; the vehicle is stuck in third gear failsafe, this is what happens when there is a transmission fault, but you made a big mistake, you replaced the wrong sensor you put in a vehicle speed sensor wich calculates the rpm' s and speed of vehicle. Your problem is an input and out put speed sensor wich is also located on top of the transmission these sensors measure the speed of the input and out put shafts inside of the transmission. You probably will not be able to get these sensors aftermarket, dealer item only I think.

Sunday, May 27th, 2007 AT 7:41 PM
  • turbotuff20g

P0715
Input speed sensor system

If no output pulse is detected from the input shaft speed (PG-A) sensor for one second or more while driving in third or fourth gear at a speed of 30 km/h or more, it is judged to be an open or short circuit. In the input shaft speed sensor and diagnosis code P0715 is output. If diagnosis code P0715 is output four times, the transmission is locked into third gear (D range) or second gear as a fail-safe measure

P1529
TCM MIL request signal, this code sets in the computer engine control module when there is a transmission fault code.

Monday, May 28th, 2007 AT 9:02 PM
  • bucksee

I like to thank this post. This post is the reason that I just fix my car. Stuck on third gear during auto and only on second and third with manual, after read this post I went to Hyundai dealer and buy input speed sensor replaced input speed sensor. Car is running fine now check engine light is gone. I hope this will help someone. Thanks.

Monday, December 3rd, 2007 AT 7:50 PM