ENGINE CHECK LIGHT

2005 Hyundai Elantra

pbush

July, 3, 2008 AT 9:29 PM

Computer problem
2005 Hyundai Elantra 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 68000 miles

ENGINE CHECK LIGHT APPEARD AT APPROX. 68,000M. PERFOMANCE, OPERATING TEMP, ETC. HAS NOT CHANGED. IS THIS AN AUTOMATIC OPERATION? DO I NEED A ANALYIZING TOOL TO SEARCH CODES? IS THERE A RESET? IF SO, INFO ON HOW WOULD BE APPRECIATED.

Light Codes

Lighting Issue

mhpautos

July, 4, 2008 AT 4:54 AM

Hi there,

Your ECU has detected a fault and has set a fault code, you will need to have a scan done to identify the code, this will also identify the problem area as each component has it's own fault code.

egeronimo

July, 9, 2008 AT 10:05 AM

Did you gas up recently before the light came on? I don't deal with cars AT ALL, but with my '05 Elantra the check engine light came on and when I called Hyundai they said to check to make sure my gas cap was secure and then wait a day or two for the system to reset itself and it the light was still on to call them back. Sure enough, it was off after 2 days. It happens ever so often if I don't tighten my gas cap A LOT. So you may want to try tightening the gas cap and waiting a day or two. Again, I'm no car expert, and you (I'm sure) know a HELL of a lot more than me, but thought I would chime in. : )

Door Panel Removal & Speaker Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement