CAR WON'T START

2000 Hyundai Elantra

nailing

April, 11, 2008 AT 1:48 PM

2000 Hyundai Elantra 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 102000 miles

I parked the car and the next morning it wouldn't start. It cranks over but it has no fuel and no spark. I checked the wires to the coild pack and the fuel pump and there seems to be power but no ground. I replaced the computer but it didn't make a difference. I checked the fuel pump relay and it is fine also. I checked the grounds off the battery and they seem to have good connections. This one has me stumped and could really use some help.

2CarPros Ken

April, 11, 2008 AT 1:58 PM

Hello, lets start @ the fuel injection system operating voltage. Turn the key to the on position, there should be five volts @ one of the terminals. If no then the system is not getting supplied with voltage, check the main power feeds to the computer. If the system does have five volts check to crank angle sensor, if this senor shorts, it will not allow the computer to start working(no crank signal). Please check both of these conditions and get back to me.

nailing

April, 15, 2008 AT 8:38 PM

I checked the voltage and it was fine. I looked in the book to see what the ohms were supposed to be through the crank sensor and checked it but it had no resistance so I replaced it and that was the problem. Thank you.

2CarPros Ken

April, 16, 2008 AT 8:50 AM

Good to hear. Please visit us again with your next car probelm. : -)

Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe
Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Pump Pressure Test