Hey Dave! We did it! Finally we re-assembled the whole thing and it's working! We're now making just some adjustments but everything looks ok. This is the first car i've ever touched in my whole young life :) it was fun, we repaired the engine, the rear clutch from the automatic transmission, cleaned the valve body, every single pump and motor. Etc About the torque converter. There's some guy here where I live who repairs it, he made an awesome job, bc besides soldering it back, he replaced the brake lining (i guess that's the name) and changed some part of the turbine which is attached by some sort of pins which in turn he had to cut off without even changing the whole turbine!
We basically have a new car bought for nothing and w/just a little money spent on spare parts (refurbished) + fun :-)
Wednesday, April 7th, 2010 AT 3:07 PM