AIR CON NOT WORKING

1999 Hyundai Atos

alpar1

May, 21, 2010 AT 6:20 AM

Air Conditioning problem
1999 Hyundai Atos 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Manual 50000 miles

hi

air con regassed last year, worked ok, now not working at all - switch works, fan blows, A/C light comes on, but no change to engine revs at all, no 'draw' on power/revs; is it another regas or a leak/compressor gone? And if it a leak can it be done by the handy home mechanic or is it a garage job?
thanks
car is in UK

mhpautos

May, 21, 2010 AT 6:27 AM

Hi there,

I feel that you have a leak in the system, what needs to be done first is to get a small charge of refrigerant inn the system with a leak detector dye, this will stain where the leak is, this is the industry standard for A/C leak detection, this really should be done by an A/C tech.

alpar1

May, 21, 2010 AT 6:47 AM

Thanks for that - I think when it was regassed last year it contained the dye so they should be able to find it - going to ring round and get some quotes

thanks again for your help

mhpautos

May, 21, 2010 AT 7:08 AM

OK. Good idea, thank you for using 2carpros, feel free to re post if you still have any problems.

Air Conditioner Recharge - Simple
Blend Door Actuator Replacement