DASH BOARD LIGHTS

2005 Hyundai Accent

esalas

December, 13, 2009 AT 10:46 PM

Interior problem
2005 Hyundai Accent 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 72000 miles

My car has 3 knobs to control heating and A/C. The lights that illuminate the knobs are not working on the left side of the cluster that houses the knobs. Is the bulb on that side just burned out? If so, how do you change the buld? Or is the entire cluster defective and needs tobe changed?

December, 14, 2009 AT 2:18 PM

Hi esalas,

Thank you for the donation.

If it is the illumination light bulb that is blown, it can be replaced and that is commonly the cause.

If you remove the panle, you would notice the bulb attached to it.

esalas

December, 14, 2009 AT 4:00 PM

You didn't answer my question. I asked how do I change the bulb. I have used this site before and the technician sent me detailed instructions on how to correct other problems and even sent some diagrams to follow. You sent me nothing for my donation. How do I replace the bulb if it needs replacing?

December, 15, 2009 AT 7:16 AM

Sorry for missing the part on how to replace the bulbs.

Refer to this link on how to remove the center facia and at the rear of control panel you would notice the bulb plugged in. There are 2 types, one requires a flat screwdriver to turn and pull out. The other type is attached with wires to a socket and is removed with a twist and pull to get it out.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/2005-hyundai-accent-vp671209.html?highlight=#671209

esalas

December, 15, 2009 AT 4:09 PM

Much more helpful! Thank you very much.

Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Replace Your Turn Signal Switch Like a Pro
Door Panel Removal & Speaker Replacement