QUESTION ABOUT BCM TROUBLESHOOTING

2003 Hummer H2

Mark Aubrey

September, 13, 2010 AT 11:38 AM

Suspension problem
2003 Hummer H2 V8 All Wheel Drive Automatic 85000 miles

Recently my alarm quit working. About the same time, my passenger front door power window, lock and mirror quit working. Within a week I noticed that the rear of my Hummer started sagging and the compressor has not kicked in to level the truck. I was told that the body control module was starting to fail. Is there a way for a backyard mechanic to troubleshoot this issue. I've built steetrods from the ground up but I don't want to waste time and money at the dealer unless I have to.

Thanks. Mark

factoryjack

September, 27, 2010 AT 11:28 PM

The air suspension is unrelated to the body controller. Often times the air suspension relay, or evn the module is at fault. Diagnosis with a scan tool is recommended, it can command the system to see if it is capable of functioning, and if it is the AS module, the trim height needs to be set. As far as the keyless entry, and right front door problems. The keyless entry goes through the passenger door module on your vehicle. The fist thing I would try, is disconnecting battery power to that module(pass. Switch assembly), and see if it is just logic lock.