How to replace Shift solenoids

SUZYSMAMA2013
  • 2005 NISSAN MAXIMA
I am having a hard time locating where the shift solenoid is listed in order for me to replace.
Thursday, April 6th, 2017 AT 3:37 AM

STEVE W.
There is more than one shift solenoid on the transmission. They are all located under the cover on the transmission and can be replaced as a unit but before you do that, why do you think one of them is the problem? A code? Poor shifting?
+1
Thursday, April 6th, 2017 AT 5:34 AM
SUZYSMAMA2013
Well when I had bought the car the man had it checked thoroughly with paper work. And recently I went to get the shift solenoid but that day and say prior my car would actually stall in the middle of driving it. So I had bought the rear and front crank shaft cam. However, I just needed the front. Rear sort of made worse with the jerking. Which leads me back to the solenoid. While driving though especially freeway mph and I am having to slow down it jerks and than when I am putting car into drive, almost as if it is skipping first and auto goes to second, the rpm go a little wild. And only does while in automatic. Being I can drive as manual as well, if driving in manual though, the cars perfect.
Thursday, April 6th, 2017 AT 8:13 AM
STEVE W.
Okay, you have the common Nissan trans problems. The best solution I have seen for this is a kit from TransGo It includes a few hard parts and some simple modifications. It is best to have a transmission shop do the install but it cures a lot of the problems that transmission has. Might want to look for a shop near you and ask them.

http://www.transgo.com/products.php?category_id=48&parent_id=26&product_id=61
Thursday, April 6th, 2017 AT 11:14 AM