How to replace radiator

YULIANRG
  • 2006 SATURN VUE
I need to replace the radiator 2006 saturn vue 3.5 V6. I need help :)
Sunday, January 17th, 2016 AT 5:33 AM

WRENCHTECH
Here is a guide that show what you need to do when doing the job. It looks like the AC may need to be drained down and recharged if you cant sneak it out of there.

Here is a guide that will give you an idea for what you are in for when doing the job.

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/re-charge-an-air-conditioner-system

and

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-replace-a-car-radiator

Here is a video as well.

https://youtu.be/KxarBcVj1Yg

Not the same car but it give you the idea.

Here is the radiator on Amazon for about $100.00

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000JZWPZO/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=2carprcom-20&camp=1789&creative=9325&linkCode=as2&creativeASIN=B000JZWPZO&linkId=8f1400a5c786f34c407c6e5f421b0d43

Here are the step by step instructions with diagrams (Below)

Drain the cooling system. Remove the front fascia. Remove the condenser radiator fan module (CRFM) closeout panel retainers from the condenser. Remove the CRFM closeout panel from the condenser.

Remove the fan assembly bolts from the radiator. Lift the fan assembly to disengage the lower retention tabs. Position the fan assembly away from the radiator.

Lift the condenser while holding the upper retention tabs forward. Position the condenser away from the radiator.

Disconnect the transmission cooler liners from the radiator.Remove the CRFM bracket bolts from the radiator support. Remove the CRFM brackets from the radiator.

Remove the radiator inlet hose clamp from the radiator. Remove the radiator inlet hose from the radiator. Remove the radiator outlet hose clamp from the radiator. Remove the radiator outlet hose from the radiator.

Please let us know what happens so it will help others.

Cheers,
+1
Sunday, January 17th, 2016 AT 6:25 AM
YULIANRG
Is better for me if I see the the diagrams, I got the job done and saved a ton doing it.
Sunday, January 17th, 2016 AT 6:29 AM
WRENCHTECH
Nice work, we are here to help, please use 2CarPros anytime.
Sunday, January 17th, 2016 AT 6:31 AM
YULIANRG
Thanks I will, this site rocks
Sunday, January 17th, 2016 AT 6:32 AM
GREGORYJH
  • 2006 SATURN VUE
  • AWD
Need to replace radiator, does anyone have step by step instructions? I saw a post by Saturntech9
on Jun 25, 2014 titled REPLACING COOLING FAN ASSEMBLY ON V6, which would work, but the small bitmaps are too small to read. Can the procedure be emailed or posted for download?

Thank you!
Greg
Thursday, August 24th, 2017 AT 3:03 PM (Merged)
See pics there are two seals to remove from radiator once it's out.
+1
ISHTY
  • 2004 SATURN VUE
My saturn was recently in a somewhat minor accident in which the radiator, fan, and a/c condenser need to be replaced. I just don't know if my Vue had a single fan or a double fan or if there is an advantage to one or the other.
SATURNTECH9
So why are you having to replace the radiator fan if you hit the condensor?If you damaged the condensor why are you replacing the radiator fan?I would only replace what was damage in the accident you must have looked up under there to know you needed a condensor. What engine do you have in the vue the V6 or 4cyl?