Hi and thanks for using 2CarPros. Com.
The vehicle speed sensor is located on the trans-axle below the air filter box. Here are the directions for replacement. The attached pictures correlate with these directions.
Vehicle Power-train Management Sensors and Switches - Power-train Management Sensors and Switches - Computers and Control Systems Vehicle Speed Sensor Service and Repair Procedures
1. Disconnect the battery ground cable.
NOTE: When the battery has been disconnected and reconnected, some abnormal drive symptoms may occur while the power-train control module relearns its adaptive strategy. The vehicle may need to be driven 10 miles or more to relearn the adaptive strategy.
2. Remove the engine air cleaner.
3. Disconnect the electrical connector from the Vehicle Speed Sensor (VSS).
4. Remove the VSS bolt.
5. Remove the vehicle speed sensor from the trans-axle.
1. Replace the O-ring.
2. Install the VSS bolt and tighten to 8-10 Nm (71-88 lb in).
3. Connect the electrical connector.
4. Install the engine air cleaner.
5. Connect the battery cable.
I hope this helps. If you have other questions, let me know.
Images (Click to enlarge)
Thursday, October 11th, 2018 AT 7:17 PM