How can I splice into the fuel line near the connection the the fuel rail to put a T connection so I can check my pressures?

UHSNOEBIRD
  • 2005 TOYOTA CAMRY
I am wanting to put a T connector so I'll be able to check my fuel pump pressures with my fuel pump gauge. What is the size of the inside diameter of the fuel line to the fuel rail?
Sunday, April 25th, 2021 AT 12:08 PM

HEYMAN1104
Hello. AllData actually has instructions on doing this included in their fuel pressure test instructions. I'm attaching that in the images below. Hope it helps. Let me know if you need anything else.
Sunday, April 25th, 2021 AT 5:04 PM
UHSNOEBIRD
If I knew the size of the T fitting that would be very helpful along with the info. You sent me.
Sunday, April 25th, 2021 AT 6:09 PM
UHSNOEBIRD
I have a fuel pressure gauge if I just knew the size of the T fitting.
Sunday, April 25th, 2021 AT 6:57 PM
HEYMAN1104
I've dug and dug but can't find any definitive information on that T joint other than it comes in a set of special Toyota tools. You could try calling the dealership and showing to someone in service. Or my other suggestion would be to pull off the line and manually measure it. Then buy a few Ts that are closest to your measurement asking with a few clamps and do a little trial and error. I know it's not the definitive answer that you'd like, but it's the best I can do without having the car in front of me to personally measure it.
Sunday, April 25th, 2021 AT 8:13 PM
UHSNOEBIRD
Are those gas lines hard to remove from the fuel rail on my 2005 Toyota Camry LE or do you know and I'll attempt to take it lose to measure it.
I am wanting to cut the rubber hose that goes to the fuel rail and put me a T fitting that has a Schrader valve in it. I've already done my 1997 Nissan truck that way and the T connection is there for me to check my fuel pressures anytime I need to.
I appreciate you helping me so much. Thank you
Monday, May 10th, 2021 AT 1:51 PM

Sponsored links