Timing issue

TPOYADOU
  • HONDA PRELUDE
92 Honda Prelude
F22B2 Accord engine installed as replacement engine

I just replaced my cam and crank seals and in the process of changing them bumped the car out of time. It cant be more than a few degrees either way but I am not sure which way it shifted.

I am trying to find some sort of walk through to place the car back in time so that I can get it back on the road.

I wasn't sure if I should place this in the Accord section becuase of the engine or the Prelude section becuase of the car.

Any help would be appreciated.
Friday, September 7th, 2007 AT 3:07 PM

Put the no.1 piston on its compression stroke-line the crank pulley with the indicator at TDC- Remove the D/Cap is the distributor rotor pointing to the no.1 tower of the cap-if its a hair-loosen the distributor and turn it till the rotor is pointing exactly under the no.1 tower.

This don't make it, you have to redo the valve and ignition timing-meaning you have to open it up and line all markings at TDC and rotor pointing to no.1 tower.
Friday, September 7th, 2007 AT 3:24 PM
TPOYADOU
Thank you for the timely response. I have removed the timing case and have tried to move the car into TDC. Ive tried putting it into gear (its a manual) and turning the tires but to no avail.

Is there a trick to getting the timing to turn to get it into TDC?

Again, thanks for the info.

**edit**

Got the time belt to move. Got it to TDC and Im about 1/4 to 1/2 inch from lining up with what I think is no.1 on the distrib.

Going to double check which one is No.1 cyl on the car.
Friday, September 7th, 2007 AT 4:48 PM
Turn the crank pulley till the TDC lines up and make sure the rotor is pointing to the no.1 tower on the D/Cap, remove the no.1 sparkplug-stick a screwdriver in it-is the piston all the way up?
Friday, September 7th, 2007 AT 6:02 PM
TPOYADOU
Again thanks for the help.

I lined up the TDC (there is a marker labeled "up" and a marker labeled "pto" I got the marker labeled "up" lined up).

Pulled the cap off and observed the rotor. The rotor is about 1/2 (i measured it as best I could) from being directly under the point on the cap.

I will pull the plug tomorrow and check the height of the piston and report my findings.
Friday, September 7th, 2007 AT 7:54 PM