WON'T START

1998 Honda Prelude

wrench77

October, 19, 2010 AT 10:58 AM

1998 Honda Prelude 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic

Hello, I changed the Head Gasket and had the head rebuilt. I put it all back together and tried to start it, it turns over but doesn't start. I checked and i'm not getting any gas to the engine.I don't think i'm getting any spark either. I checked the connections at the coil and dist. Both get battery (new) power when key is turned on. The fuse for the fuel pump is also good and the car has gas in it. The car was running before I had to do the head work, also it has been sitting tore apart for about six months. I also checked I don't see a main ground for the main wiring harness, is that correct? The imoblizer appears to be doing what it's soppost to. Please can you help?

October, 19, 2010 AT 2:38 PM

Hi wrench77, Welcome ot 2carpros and TY for the donation

If you did the valve and static timing correctly-check and test the main relay and the cylinder position sensor

wrench77

October, 20, 2010 AT 8:12 AM

If the cylinder position sensor is bad, would that stop sending a signal to the main relay? I think there's 2 sensors down at the crank shaft which one is it? Not sure which relay is the main in the fuse box.

October, 20, 2010 AT 3:03 PM

Could be the crankshaft position sensor and the camshaft position sensor if it has both, one for spark and the other is for the fuel injection

wrench77

November, 1, 2010 AT 9:06 AM

Thanks for your help but as it turns out, it was indeed the main wiring harness ground, but Thanks Again

Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang