1998 Honda Prelude Car Died Lost All Power While Driving 60

ANNA1975
  • 1998 HONDA PRELUDE

1998 Honda Prelude 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 171000 miles

My 1989 Honda Prelude just died while driving home from work going 60 mph. I had gone about 10 miles. The car didn't overheat and nothing seemed wrong before that. It just lost all power, but lights and heat continued to work. When I got stopped it souned like something bubbling under hood and draining like fluid. It was dark so I couldn't tell for sure. It didn't smoke a lot just a little steam from hood. I got it towed. I just went by shop and we tried to start it. It will barely try to crank, oil looks fine, anti freeze/water looks empty. The guy at shop didn't have time to look at it yet but said weird, like it is locked up? Any ideas?

Thursday, January 14th, 2010 AT 6:16 PM

KHLOW2008

Hi anna1975,

Symptoms seems to indicate the engine has overheated though the gauge did not show. If the vehicle was towed within a short time, the overheating could have caused the engine to be tight resulting in the slow cranking.

Sunday, January 17th, 2010 AT 2:49 AM