BLINKING LIGHT AND NOT BLOWING COLD

1996 Honda Prelude

ccssl

September, 3, 2010 AT 4:19 PM

Air Conditioning problem
1996 Honda Prelude 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 168000 miles

I was driving and my ac just randomly stopped working, the ac had always blown really cold. A blinking orange light started with the ac problem, I'm not sure if the light is the rear defroster or if it is the heater. However, whenever I attempt to turn the ac on the blinking light comes on, when I turn off the ac the blinking light turns off. I have tried recharging my ac with R-134a to no avail, the gauge read a really high pressure yet nothing changed other than the blinking light turned off while the ac was turned on for about a minute, maybe less. I found a wire that connects to one of the fans that was rubbed through so I spliced it and that didn't fix anything either. I have no idea why the ac would stop working unless it was that one broken wire which I fixed. I think if that was the case maybe it blew a fuse, however, I cannot find a fuse in either of the fuse boxes that says ac. Do you have any ideas on what could be the problem? Or What fuses relate to the ac unit? I have found a lot of forums in which people have had problems with the ac control unit needing to be re-soldered, could that account for any of the problems I'm having?

September, 7, 2010 AT 8:35 AM

Hi ccssl,

Is it the A/C system that is not cold or the blower fan stops blowing?

ccssl

September, 22, 2010 AT 12:34 PM

It is the ac system that is no longer cold. The blower fan still works just fine.

September, 23, 2010 AT 9:14 AM

When A/C is not blowing cold, check if the compressor is engaging or cycling on and off.

Note if the cooling fans are working.

As to the Orange blinking light, which is it? A picture of the component would help.

Replace Your Turn Signal Switch Like a Pro
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Porsche 911
Window Regulator and Motor Replacement Honda
Cabin Air Filter Replacement