92 BRAKE PROBLEM

1992 Honda Prelude

114724554

September, 1, 2010 AT 1:00 AM

Brakes problem
1992 Honda Prelude 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Manual 100K miles

Hi, I have a question about the brake of my car. The brake will release itself when I press the brake pedal, it's kind like losting pressure and the pedal goes all the way down. But once I release it and press the pedal again, the brake works again, it's just like keep losting pressure if I dont release the pedal. The problem only happenes when the engine(or the brakes) gets hot. I'm wondering which parts of the brake system have cause this problem, so I can replace it.
Thanks.

mhpautos

September, 1, 2010 AT 7:50 AM

Hi there,

Thank you for the donation,

Is the pedal sinking under constant foot pressure? And it improves if you pump the pedal and hold hard pressure?

114724554

September, 1, 2010 AT 5:23 PM

Yes, the pedal keeps sinking under my foot pressure, thus, the pedal goes all the way down but the caliper doesnt work. I have to release and press the pedal constantly to let the caliper to stop the rotor.

mhpautos

September, 1, 2010 AT 9:47 PM

If you have no fluid leaks in the system, I would be thinking that you will have a faulty master cylinder that may be bypassing internally.

Bleed and Flush Your Brake System Correctly
Brake Pads and Rotor Replacement Ford
Brake Pad and Rotor Replacement - Rear
Brake Light Bulb Replacement
Brake Light Bulb Replacement Subaru Legacy
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement