2004 HONDA PILOT MODIFYING CRUISE CONTROL

• parag_2007
  • 2004 Honda Pilot

2004 Honda Pilot

I am trying to make some changes to my vehicle's cruise control system (2004 Honda Pilot). More specifically, I would like to do the following:

-Once I get to a certain speed (say about 60 mph), I would like to disable downshifting (i.E, sometimes when a vehicle ascends a steep or long hill with cruise control turned on, the transmission downshifts; I would like to try to disable this downshifting).
-Also, I would like the cruise control system to signal the vehicle to slow down as it ascends a hill. More specifically, instead of increasing the throttle position while ascending a hill, I would like the cruise control system to hold the throttle position constant or decrease it during the vehicle's ascent.
-Finally, I would like the cruise control system to signal the vehicle to speed up as it descends a hill. More specifically, instead of decreasing the throttle position while descending a hill, I would like the cruise control system to hold the throttle position constant or increase it during the vehicle's descent.

Please let me know if you know how I can make any of these changes or if you know of any products that will help me make any of these changes.

Thanks for your help.

Saturday, April 3rd, 2010 AT 10:02 PM

• KHLow2008

Hi parag_2007,

The cruise control is programmed to maintain a constant speed whle the down shifting is controlled by the engine PCM.

No such devices are available.

Saturday, April 17th, 2010 AT 10:13 PM