1999 Honda Passport trouble codes P0171, P01714

PAUL02724
  • 1999 HONDA PASSPORT
I know trouble codes P0171, P01714 mean bank 1 & 2 too lean, but what does that mean I should do? When I start it up the rpm's drop real low then go back up, and sometimes goes too low and stalls. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Wednesday, January 9th, 2008 AT 11:05 AM

MASTERTECHTIM
USUALLY WHEN BOTH BANKS ARE LEAN THERE IS A VACUUM LEAK.
Wednesday, January 9th, 2008 AT 11:58 AM
JACK42
Or it could be the Mass Airflow Meter or a weak fuel pump
Friday, January 11th, 2008 AT 4:02 PM
MASTERTECHTIM
I totally forgot about the mass air flow sensor. This could definately cause this problem. Remember these are our opinions not facts. Thanks for pointing out the mass air flow jack.
Friday, January 11th, 2008 AT 4:12 PM
JACK42
N/p bro. Takes a village
Friday, January 11th, 2008 AT 5:44 PM
PAUL02724
Just wanted to Thank You. You were right about my problem. I first had the mechanic change one of the 02 sensors, and that didn't work then he sprayed some stuff around the intake and realized that was where the problem was. It had a cracked intake gasket, which is made out of plastic. Problem is fixed. I told everyone how you were right and that I would be using you again. Thanks Again, and have a Great Day.
Monday, January 14th, 2008 AT 10:04 AM
PAUL02724
I first had the mechanic change one of the 02 sensors, and that didn't work then he sprayed some stuff around the intake and realized that was where the problem was. It had a cracked intake gasket, which is made out of plastic. Problem is fixed. Thanks Again, and have a Great Day.
Monday, January 14th, 2008 AT 10:06 AM