1999 HONDA PASSPORT HONDA PASSPORT ENGINE PROBLEM

• Anam89
  • 1999 HONDA PASSPORT

1999 Honda Passport Four Wheel Drive Automatic 70000 miles

Ok, so I have a 1999 Honda Passport. My family bought it brand new from the dealership, and it only has about 70000 miles on it. The problem is last winter I didn't get an oil change as soon as I should have, and at one point my car started making a tapping noise. I ignored it, and just put some oil in the car, but as I drove the car more, the tapping noise became louder and more frequent. I am pretty sure I blew a rod or something? I have talked to a few people, and they have suggested replacing the engine, but that is really pricey, and I was hoping if there was any way I could fix the problem without replace the engine, cause the engine was in such great condition. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Saturday, July 3rd, 2010 AT 11:55 AM

• KHLow2008

Hi Anam89,

If it is tapping noise at idling and increases with revving the einge, I would suggest getting the valve clearances checked.

Sunday, July 4th, 2010 AT 2:59 AM