1. Disconnect negative battery cable. Remove front wheels and splash shield. Support engine with cushioned jack. Remove 3 bolts attaching side engine mount to engine, then loosen mount center bolt and pivot mount out of way.
2. Remove A/C, P/S and alternator belt. Remove dipstick and pipe. Remove crankshaft pulley. Remove timing belt covers.
3. If timing belt is being reused, mark direction of belt rotation before removing. Rotate crankshaft clockwise until No. 1 piston is at TDC of compression stroke. See Fig. 2 .
4. Loosen timing belt adjusting bolt 180 degrees, and push tensioner to remove tension from timing belt. Retighten adjusting bolt and remove timing belt.
Clean timing belt covers and ensure No. 1 piston is at TDC of compression stroke. Ensure crankshaft and camshaft pulleys are at TDC, and install timing belt in sequence shown. See Fig. 2 .
2. To adjust timing belt, rotate crankshaft clockwise 5-6 revolutions to seat belt, and then rotate crankshaft until No. 1 piston is at TDC of compression stroke. Loosen adjusting bolt 180 degrees, then retighten adjusting bolt. See Fig. 2 . Adjust drive belts to proper tension.