BLOWER NOT WORKING

1996 Honda Passport

fishbob

March, 30, 2010 AT 1:42 PM

1996 Honda Passport 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic 170000 miles

I have removed the blower from the vehicle and tested it under a seperate 12V supply, and the motor runs fine. At the two-pin supply wire, from the vehicle, that feeds the motor, the Blue/White wire reads 12V available to the motor. I connected a jumper wire to connect the Blue/White feed to the motor terminal. I then connected a jumper wire to connect the other motor terminal directly to the vehicle frame. The blower motor worked with the engine turned ON, but without the ability to control it with the switch. My assumption is that a ground is not getting through the two-pin supply wire. My question is " why" and where do I look.

Rear Blower Not Working

eastwind32

April, 11, 2010 AT 11:11 AM

I had the same exact problem. I changed out the blower resistor located directly behind the glove box. Problem solved.
Hope that helps

fishbob

April, 12, 2010 AT 4:29 PM

Thank you for your response! Had to send my son back to school in it before your reply. So.I'll get the part and replace it when its home in a few weeks. I do appreciate the info, eastwind. Thanks again !

Cabin Air Filter Replacement Porsche 911
Air Conditioner Condenser Fan Relay Replace
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Chevrolet Tahoe