Before turning the crank shaft, turn the crankshaft position 5 teeth away from TDC. This will move the pistons away from top and prevent the valves from hitting them when you are turning the camshafts to get them aligned.
Turn one camshaft at a time and get it to line up as close as possible to the desired mark. Let it seat itself by the weight of the valves springs first before you turn the other camshaft. Any valve that is open too much might affect the turning of the other camshaft as they would obstruct the movement of the valves from that camshaft when it opens.
DO NO force camshaft if resistance is felt.
After getting both camshafts to desired position, turn crankshaft to TDC and recheck the camshaft positions. Adjust if necerssary.
1. Ensure all timing marks are aligned. Install belt over one pulley at a time starting at crankshaft sprocket working counterclockwise. Belt should go over tensioner last. Secure belt at each pulley during installation with pinch clips. See Fig. 3 .
CAUTION: To ensure correct timing belt installation, ensure direction of rotation arrows are pointing in proper direction. If timing belt is being reused, install belt in original direction of rotation.
2. Compress timing belt tensioner pusher and insert pin to retain pusher. Apply pressure to tensioner against belt and install tensioner pusher. Tighten bolts to 14 lbs.
3. Loosen tensioner pulley bolt. Apply pressure on belt by rotating tensioner. Tighten tensioner pulley bolt to 32 lbs. Remove pin from timing belt tensioner pusher.
4. Remove pinch clips from timing belt, (if used). Install crankshaft pulley, tightening center bolt finger tight. Rotate crankshaft 2 turns clockwise. Ensure timing belt tensioner pusher rod protrudes proper amount. See Fig. 4 .
5. If timing belt tensioner pusher rod protrusion is not within specification, remove pusher, loosen tensioner pulley bolt and readjust. Reset timing belt tensioner pusher rod and repeat timing belt tensioning procedure. Remove crankshaft pulley and install timing belt cover.
Saturday, May 30th, 2009 AT 10:32 PM