LOSS OF POWER GOING UPHILL AT 65 MPH

1965 Honda

quampus22

December, 31, 2006 AT 9:55 AM

Hi,

My Honda losses power and literrily stalls while going uphill at 65 mph.

I have replaces all ignition parts but still have the problem.

Can you help? : (

ideisltech

Sounds to me that your fuel delivery is the problem you need to change the fuel filter and check fuel pump pressure. If the fuel system checks ok then check for a restrition in the exhaust system such as cat converter

Bruce Hunt

Thanks ideisltech, that would be the exact place I would head quampus22 toward. Kind of reminds me of an old gentleman I knew who had a model T. They didn't have fuel pumps but used gravity to deliver the fuel pressure. He was in the Des Moines, Iowa area and there was a huge hill he needed to get up. He would take a run at the hill and about 3/4 of the way up it would die. He would coast back down and make another try. Same result. After about 3 tries, he noticed another car pull up and turn around. The owner backed up the hill and made it fine. He tried it and lo and behold he made it to the top. Gravity. So.

Either start backing up the hills and you will probably be just fine, except for a few accidents and law enforcement issues. Fuel delivery is the problem.

Find Out How to Test Your Catalytic Converter
Catalytic Converter Replacement Volkswagen
Fuel Filter Replacment BMW 525i
Fuel Filters Replacement 2015 RAM 2500 6.7L