BRAKE VERY LOW

Honda

CivicUser

November, 8, 2006 AT 2:46 AM

I just replaced my front brake pad about 3 weeks ago. When my brake pads were replaced, they seemed fine and sharp and you don't not apply the brake pedal very deep to stop the car.

But after about 3 weeks, I would have to apply my brake pedal very deep to stop my car and the brakes doesn't seem as sharp as when they were just replaced.

I check the brake fluid, it is still near full. What seem to be the problem? And how to fix it?

Bruce Hunt

November, 8, 2006 AT 10:16 AM

Sometimes when you put on the brake pads the fluid is backed up in to the resevoir as a result of compressing the caliper. This pushes the fluid back in to the master cylinder or resevoir. So. Look at the fluid to see if it is overfilled. Secondly, I would crack the bleeders on the system to see if there is any air in the system. Next, if that doesn't take care of things I would examine the master cylinder. It could be weak.

Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement Honda Element
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement - Rear