2006 Honda Odyssey gas shutting off early on fill-ups

BRADAZ
  • 2006 HONDA ODYSSEY
I bought the van brand new. Ever since I have had it, the gas nozzle will cut-off early. However, I am still able to put an additional 4+ gallons in if I go about 20 cents at time and then it cuts off again and then I wait a few seconds and then it will take a bit more. It always happens and I can always put in about the same amount before it is really "full." I have taken it to my Honda dealer and they said it seems to be working ok. They said with this car the tank is very shallow and wide so it could happen a bit. I recently heard about evaporative system shut-off sytems that regulate the pressure in the tank and shut off the gas nozzle when the pressure builds up in the tank. I think that may be going on in my case, but am not sure. Can you advise?
Saturday, August 23rd, 2008 AT 1:51 PM

KHLOW2008
Hi bradaz,

It could be the Evap system but more likely to be the filler pipe check ball getting stuck or its relief hose kinked/clogged.
Wednesday, August 27th, 2008 AT 11:39 AM

Sponsored links