2005 Honda Odyssey Engine, rough running through all RPM's

CAPPS.B
  • 2005 HONDA ODYSSEY
Engine seems to have a misfire in one of the cylinders, I am putting new plugs in tonight, current plugs have 93,000 miles on them.

Oil has always been changed on time, I do not suspect camshaft or valve train damage.

I suspect this is either a bad plug, or possibly a bad injector?
If sensors are going bad all cylinders would fire improperly, It feels like I have a dead cylinder.

My 2003 Dodge Dakota will give me basic trouble codes when it has a problem, I have not read a way to get codes off of this Honda without a scan tool, I would rather not drive it to a shop with a dead cylinder, I heard that's bad for the torque converter.

they really should give these cars the ability to flash a code or two when they detect something.

I want to buy a scan tool, but me and the wife are really hurting for money, trying to fix this with the least amount of money possible. If I do need a scantool, Can I get one for under $40?
Friday, December 11th, 2009 AT 10:32 AM

HONDA TECH 1818
Have you check the ignition coils?
Sunday, December 13th, 2009 AT 2:31 AM