Left Power Sliding Door Will Not Operate

CKCJR42
  • 2002 HONDA ODYSSEY
Whenever the door handle or dash button is activated to trigger the door it starts to open then stops and is followed by three beeps eminating from the door area then the dash "Sliding Door" light displays. I have reviewed answers to other questions in this category. They do not appear to address my problem.

To eliminate the dash light one has to manually close the door. It moves with considerable resistance and appears the motor is still engaged.

I have tried removing the fuse but that had no effect.
Sunday, February 10th, 2008 AT 10:42 AM

JACK42
Is there anything stuck in the sliders or rails for the door that might be making it hang up? My software has surprisingly little on diagnosing door problems with your van.I dont see any service bulletins either. Physically inspect everything first.
-1
Monday, February 11th, 2008 AT 7:28 AM
CKCJR42
No, the channel is completely clear. It worked before we removed the door strip under which wiring runs to the back of the van. When we put the step back together the door would not work.
-1
Monday, February 11th, 2008 AT 7:42 AM
JACK42
Wher was the strip you removed? Try looking under it to see if maybe you accidentally pinched a wire
-1
Monday, February 11th, 2008 AT 2:31 PM
CKCJR42
The strip I referred to was the sill trim. We removed it by lifting along the inner edge to release the clips. The wires are not crimped but we did move them around some trying to identify the wire(s) that ran to brake lights. When the door did not work, we removed the sill trim again to make sure none of the wires were pinched.
-1
Monday, February 11th, 2008 AT 3:36 PM
JACK42
Id dig deeper in that area, moving them the first time created the problem, might have been a bad connection that moving made worse. Look at the strikers for the door or anywhere there might be an electrical connection
-1
Monday, February 11th, 2008 AT 4:00 PM
LOSTINMARS
Okay here it is for all odyssey power sliding door problems. This will fix it 50% of the time. It needs to be rehomed. Good luck everyone!

1. Erase the sliding door trouble codes by removing the # 13 (7.5 ) fuse from the passenger's under-dash fuse box for 10 seconds. Then put the fuse back in.
2. Turn off the main door switch. Make sure that the ignition switch is off.
3. Manually open the sliding door and make sure it's fully open.
4. Turn the ignition switch on. Then turn on the door switch.
5. Push and hold the CLOSE side of the dashboard door switch for that door until the door is fully closed.
6. Try the door operation with the dashboard door switch, the remote and the door handles.
+2
Saturday, April 5th, 2008 AT 8:05 PM
CKCJR42
I followed the rehome procedure to the letter. When I get to step 5 and press and Hold the Close button the response is three beeps then nothing. My problem must fall into the other 50% -- any suggestions?
-1
Saturday, April 12th, 2008 AT 10:38 AM
ODY1434
When you manually open and close the door, is it sliding unhindered or is there a slight grinding or sticking toward the read edge of the slider?

I know this is a little of track, but I had the sliding mechanism go bad on me and I am just wondering if that would be enough to cause the door to not slide electronically.
Wednesday, April 23rd, 2008 AT 10:35 AM
CKCJR42
There is not a grinding sound nor any other noise just considerable resistance. One must pull/push very hard in order to open/close the door.
Wednesday, April 23rd, 2008 AT 11:58 AM
KEN

The beeping is telling you there is too much resistance in the operation of the door which is telling you the motor is going out, here is the wiring diagrams so you can see how the system works and how to change out the motor, also lube the rails and wheels after the job is done. Check out the diagrams (Below). Please let us know if you need anything else to get the problem fixed.
Sunday, January 20th, 2019 AT 11:02 AM
EDCPUS
Thanks you for this post My car was doing the same thing had to replace the motor I live this site.
Wednesday, February 20th, 2019 AT 11:13 AM