Thank you for the donation.
The cost of repairs would depend on what needs to be replaced, solenoids or transmission itself.
Here are the diagnostic procedures.
DTC P0740: Problem in Lock-up Control System
" Keep replacement control solenoid valves on hand:
Ã Lock-up control solenoid valve assembly (lock-up control solenoid valve/shift control solenoid valve A assembly).
Ã A/T clutch pressure control solenoid valve A/B assembly.
1. Check whether the scan tool or the HDS indicates another code.
Does the scan tool or the HDS indicate another code?
YES: - Perform the Troubleshooting Flowchart for the indicated Code(s). Recheck for code P0740 after troubleshooting.
NO: - Go to step 2.
Do not continue with this troubleshooting until the causes of any other DTCs have been corrected.
2. Measure the line pressure
Is the line pressure within the service limit?
YES: - Go to step 3.
NO: - Replace the transmission.
Replace the Lock-up Control Solenoid Assembly set (lock-up control solenoid valve/shift control solenoid valve Assembly and the A/T clutch pressure control solenoid valve A/B assembly.
4. Clear the DTC with the scan tool or the HDS.
5. Using the scan tool, check to be sure that the engine coolant temperature is 176 F (80 C) or above.
6. Drive the vehicle under the same conditions as those indicated by the freeze data for more than 1 minute, or drive the vehicle at 55 mph (88 km/h) with TPS voltage 0.8 V for more than 1 minute.
7. Recheck for code P0740.
Does the scan tool or the HDS indicate code P0740?
YES: - Inspect the O-ring on the torque converter. If the O-ring is missing, replace the O-ring. If the O-ring is damaged or OK, replace the transmission and torque converter.
NO: - The system is OK at this time.
Friday, October 29th, 2010 AT 12:18 PM