MIL = Malfunction indicator light = Check engine light.
Does vibration goes away if you increase the idling speed?
What is the idling speed when gears are engaged and when in neutral?
Try the PCM relearn procedure to see if it helps.
ECM/PCM IDLE LEARN PROCEDURE
The idle learn procedure must be done so the ECM/PCM can learn the engine idle characteristics.
Do the idle learn procedure whenever you do any of these actions:
"Â Replace the ECM/PCM.
"Â Reset the ECM/PCM.
"Â Update the ECM/PCM.
"Â Replace or clean the throttle body.
"Â When the engine or transmission is disassembled.
1. Make sure all electrical items (A/C, audio, lights, etc.) Are off.
2. Reset the ECM/PCM with the HDS.
3. Turn the ignition switch ON (II), and wait 2 seconds.
4. Start the engine. Hold the engine speed at 3,000 rpm without load (in Park or neutral) until the radiator fan comes on, or until the engine coolant temperature reaches 194 Â°F (90 Â°C).
5. Let the engine idle for about 5 minutes with the throttle fully closed.
NOTE: If the radiator fan comes on, do not include its running time in the 5 minutes.
6. Verify on the HDS data list that the idle learn procedure is complete.
If you do not have the HDS, a scanner would do to check and erase DTC if any.
Monday, September 7th, 2009 AT 9:17 AM