2003 HONDA ELEMENT WARRANTY COMPANY SAYS NOT COVERED, DEALE

• eellis1979
  • 2003 Honda Element

Suspension problem
2003 Honda Element 4 cyl All Wheel Drive Automatic 81500 miles

Dear car gurus:

I've been in a battle with my Warranty company on whether they cover my front struts that need to be replaced. Please see below the response I received from them:

I have reviewed the repairs needed to your vehicle and as I had advised you per our phone conversation on 1-26, the front struts are NOT listed for coverage under your Gold level agreement. The agreement does state strut rods - which are not the same as actual Macpherson Struts. Strut rods are lateral links coming off the body of the vehicle which your vehicle is not equipped with. The shop is incorrect in telling you they are the same as the struts.

Thursday, January 29th, 2009 AT 2:19 PM

• mhpautos

Hi there,

If theses warranty co don't want to pay up there is not very much that you can do about it. I would be interested to see what they have as covered under front suspension in there policy.

Thursday, January 29th, 2009 AT 11:18 PM