1994 HONDA DEL SOL CRUISE CONTROL, ENGINE IDLE, AND STARTIN

• MeechYah
  • 1994 Honda Del Sol

1994 Honda Del Sol 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Manual 97000 miles

okay I have a couple of minor problems first off the cruise control stopped working, the main control button lights up, however when I press the actual hold speed button nothing happens, second my car starts without the clutch being engaged, and third is after the car is warmed up the engine will idle while in neutral pulsating between 1000 and 1500

Wednesday, March 10th, 2010 AT 2:42 PM

• Docfixit

Hi
First two problems maybe a faulty clutch switch causing both. As for idle could be several things is check engine light coming on? Any other running problems?
Let me know
Thanks for donate

Thursday, March 11th, 2010 AT 8:57 AM
  • MeechYah

There is no check engine light on, it only happens when either the transmission is in neutral or when the clutch is engaged, and it only happens after the engine is warmed up, no other running problems

Thursday, March 11th, 2010 AT 2:30 PM
  • Docfixit

Need an OHM meter to check resistence of Engine Coolant Sensor see diagram on front engine next to Distributor. At cold temp should be1000-4000 ohms at normal 200-400 ohms. If not in range replace. Is this the VTEC model?

Thursday, March 11th, 2010 AT 2:42 PM