ENGINE STALLED WHILE DRIVING

1993 Honda Del Sol

oluc12

March, 15, 2010 AT 10:00 AM

1993 Honda Del Sol 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Manual 140000 miles

My car was runing fine and before I left the street where I live the engine died and it wouldnt turn back on. Everything worked just the engine would not start. So I took the car to the a near by shop and they told me the o rings for the injectors were cracked and leaking. Then another of the guys that worked there told me that the injectors were not closing at all and that the fuel was just flowing to the pistons. Then they started saying it was the computer but if that was the case nothing would work right? There would be no fuel delivered at all or the engine wouldnt even try to start. I need some help on this im just trying to not get ripped off by the shop.

Cj Stalling When Idling

Stalling Out

F4I_guy

June, 7, 2010 AT 7:12 PM

I would take it to a honda specialist, both mechanics sound like they have no clue what they're talking about.

My personal opinion, would be a failed distributor which controls the injector pulse. But I have not looked at the vehicle, so don't go taking my word for it!