CLUTCH PROBLEMS

1993 Honda Del Sol

guitarjones07

March, 21, 2007 AT 7:45 AM

Well its about time this happened. I could actually feel it fade away last night. It felt like having a leak in your brake line. But with the clutch. I'm just not sure if the whole thing needs replacing. Or just the master cylinder or the slave. I need help. I've never replaced a clutch before and I don't know where to start. Thanks!

Bruce Hunt

March, 21, 2007 AT 8:33 AM

I doubt you are going to have to replace the clutch yet. Open the hood and note where the fluid of the master and slave could be leaking from. Don't forget the line between them could be at fault as well. Also, don't forget to look at the backside of the master which means looking inside the car where the pedal pushes through the firewall to the master cylinder.

Just because one of these has failed doesn't mean the entire clutch system is ready to be replaced. Hang in there, it isn't that bad.

guitarjones07

March, 21, 2007 AT 12:39 PM

Thanks a lot. Any other thoughts? What problems might I find? What would I do about them?

Bruce Hunt

March, 21, 2007 AT 3:18 PM

You need to nail down where the problem is stemming from and work from there.

Clutch/Flywheel/Rear Main Seal Replacement
Pulling an Auto Trans? Easy Instructions