2005 HONDA CRV CATALYTIC CONVERTER HEAT SHIELD RATTLE

• cassely7500
  • 2005 Honda CRV

Noises problem
2005 Honda CRV 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 101000 miles

I have a loud rattle under the CRV. I have determined, after speaking to some people, that it may be the heat shield for the catalytic converter. I have a few questions about that. Can it be tightened, or should it be replaced. Does the whole C.C. Need to be replaced? Also, I VERY recently replace my O2 sensor, since the Check Engine Light was on. I'm wondering if it had anything to do with the cat. Conv.? Are they related, I mean, they are both emissions things. I don't' know how those engine codes work, could it be it was mis-read? The CEL came on after gassing up the car and not putting the cap on tight. I found that coincidental that I suddenly had a bad O2 sensor. Anyway, looking for an answer about the heat shield, first and foremost.

Sunday, July 11th, 2010 AT 8:57 PM

• rasmataz

Check engine light: Have the computer scanned for code/s-you have a problem within the engine management system that caused the CEL to turn on-This is your starting point of diagnosis, finding out what's going on.

Monday, July 12th, 2010 AT 12:19 AM
  • bej81468

The heat shield on honda vehicles will rust and break where the two halves of the shield bolt together. You can get both upper and lower halves and 4 new bolts at your local honda dealer. You do not have to replace cat converter just the shields.

Friday, August 6th, 2010 AT 8:44 PM