VIBRATION ON ACCELERATION

2004 Honda CRV

mkucinskas

August, 24, 2010 AT 1:51 PM

Shakes or Wobbles problem
2004 Honda CRV 4 cyl Four Wheel Drive Manual

I have a 2004 CR-V with 107k miles on it and have developed a vibration on what seem to be the near side (LEFT).

It is noticeable under load - pulling up a hill or accelerating quite hard. When just crusing it almost vanishes.

The feel of the vibration is as if the wheel is flapping about and trying to go its own way.

I have changed tyres. Changed the rims front to back and changed the drive shaft, but with out success.

Is there a known problem that can cause this?

There seems to be NO play in the suspension units and bushes.

Hope someone can put up an idea that will rid me of this problem.

Honda Tech 1818

August, 24, 2010 AT 8:50 PM

Most likely the inner cv joints are worn, when the inner cv joints are worn it will cause the front end to shakes or vibrations when accelerating.

amitsood

November, 20, 2012 AT 3:51 AM

Did you got your this problem sorted?
My CRV giving me the same problem, I just received it back after a little front smash on left side and repairer told me that he has replaced CV joints and shocks. I only feel this going uphill at a speed of 60 to 70 Km/hr. I took it back to mechanic and now he is guessing that its the engine mounts? Its a costly repair to want it to double check before go out and spend all this money