1. Place a suitable container under the vehicle.
2. Drain the power steering fluid from the reservoir.
3. Remove the drive belt (A) from the pump pulley (see DRIVE BELT ). 3.
4. Remove the pump mounting bolts (B).
5. Cover the auto-tensioner, alternator, and A/C compressor with several shop towels to protect them from spilled power steering fluid. Disconnect the pump inlet hose (C) and pump outlet hose (D) from the pump (E), and plug them. Take care not to spill the fluid on the body or parts. Wipe off any spilled fluid at once. Do not turn the steering wheel with the pump removed.
6. Cover the opening of the pump with a piece of tape to prevent foreign material from entering the pump.
7. Install the pump in the pump bracket with the mounting bolts. Tighten the bolts to the specified torque setting.
8. onnect the pump inlet hose and pump outlet hose.
9. Install the drive belt (A).
NOTE: Note these items during drive belt installation:
" Make sure that the drive belt is properly positioned on the pulleys (B).
" Do not get power steering fluid or grease on the auto-tensioner, alternator, A/C compressor, and drive belt, or pulley faces. Clean off any fluid or grease before installation.
" Fill the reservoir to the upper level line.
" Start engine briefly and turn OFF.
" Top up power steering fluid if necessary.
" Start engine and turn steering from lock to lock to bleed the system
" Recheck fluid level and top upp if necessary.
Removal & Installation
1 Remove the splash shield.
2. Move the auto-tensioner "A" to relieve the tension from the drive belt "B", and remove the drive belt. See Fig. 13 .
3. Install the new belt in the reverse order of removal.