HOW DO YOU DISCONNECT / RECONNECT T

2003 Honda Civic Hybrid

sebkeefe

October, 19, 2009 AT 2:11 PM

2003 Honda Civic Hybrid 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 100000 miles

I just bought this car and it's horn doesn't work. The fuse is good, and I'd like to see if it's connected at the horn. How do I access the horn to see if it is hooked up correctly? Do I have to remove the driver side headlight in order to see under it, or will I have to remove more than just the headlight? Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

October, 20, 2009 AT 9:47 AM

Hi sebkeefe,

Thank you for the donation.

To get to the horn, you would need to remove the front bumper. Headlight need not be removed.

Have you tested the horn relay and the horn button circuit? Get an assistant to press the horn button while you feel the relay to check if it clicks.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/192750_HornComp03CivicHybridFig01_1.jpg

sebkeefe

October, 20, 2009 AT 5:39 PM

Thank you for your reply. I was able to pear through my front grill and noticed there was a dangling wire connecter where my horn SHOULD be. It seems that they removed the horn entirely, don't know why unplugging it just wasn't enough. It sounds like a real pain to replace it as well. I think I'll just have to go without it. Thanks again.

October, 21, 2009 AT 7:46 AM

Hi Sebestian,

Sorry to hear the bad news.

Not really that difficult to replace the horn as the bumper is rather easy to remove. A few clips and the bumper face can be removed to get at the location.

Thank you for using 2carpros.

sebkeefe

October, 21, 2009 AT 5:18 PM

Where are the clips located for the front bumber. I'll try to check it out on my own, didn't know it was that easy, thanks.

October, 22, 2009 AT 6:56 AM

Here is a diagram of the bumper and clips.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/192750_BumperFrt03CivicHybridFig03_1.jpg

sebkeefe

October, 22, 2009 AT 7:14 PM

Well, I've gone ahead and removed the front bumber cover - then it was as easy as pie to put in the new horn. Thanks a lot for your time and knowledge, works great now.

October, 23, 2009 AT 7:15 AM

Well done.

Glad that you have solved the problem.

Thank you for using 2carpros and have a great day.

Engine Oil Change and Filter Honda CR-V
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement Toyota Tacoma